Deadline for Entries: June 21, 2019
Cause for paws
Calling all Graphic Artists
The Tiny Tim Rescue Fund wants you to design a new official t-shirt!
The new t-shirt and other accessories will be sold to raise funds in support of Tiny Tim’s mission to remove innocent animals from high-kill shelters, provide for their proper medical care and to find them a loving, forever home. 100% of all proceeds will be used for this important cause.
YOU CAN BE A PART OF THIS IMPORTANT MISSION. One Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 cash prize and have the opportunity to work with famed fashion designer and animal rights champion, John Bartlett. You’ll work with Bartlett to design a beautiful and compelling t-shirt graphic that will be used to help these animals in need. Your contribution will save the lives of hundreds of cats and dogs through t-shirt sales. Five Runners up will receive additional prizes along with promotion of their entries to animal lovers across the globe.
Who CAn Enter?
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Submission must be by the copyright holder. (Applicants retain the copyright in any submitted work.)
- Employees of Artrepreneur or Tiny Tim Rescue Fund are not eligible.
What should you submit?
You are invited to submit up to five works through the Artrepreneur platform.
You should submit examples of your graphic design or illustration work that will show off your talent and technical capabilities. These designs DO NOT need to be a potential design for the t-shirt. The Grand Prize winner will create a new graphic for the shirt through consultation with John Bartlett. Your submission should focus on the breadth of your design style so that he can evaluate your ability to create a stunning graphic that will help the Tiny Tim Rescue Fund fulfill its mission.
- One Grand Prize Winner will be selected along with a cash prize of $500 and the opportunity to work directly with John Bartlett.
- Five runners-up will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
- Artwork will be permanently displayed on the Artrepreneur Open Call Winners Page.
- A Winners Badge will be permanently placed on their Artrepreneur profile, linked to their winning artwork.
- Winners will be featured across social media channels by John Bartlett, Tiny Tim, Artrepreneur, and several partner organizations
- Winners will also be mentioned in newsletters going out to our 10,000+ strong network of Artrepreneurs.
The announcement of the winner and other contest updates can be found on Instagram, so please follow us to receive these notifications.
We Value Your Work
Submissions will only be used as described above although Artrepreneur reserves the right to show your submissions as examples to promote future open calls. (Facebook, display ads, Instagram, LinkedIn, email, etc). Any other usage will require the permission. For more information, see the additional rules.
- Click the “Start Your Submission” button to begin the open call process.
- You will be directed to the Open Call Page on Artrepreneur where you can find additional details about this open call.
- Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process.
- If you are not currently a member of Artrepreneur, you will be directed to join. Artrepreneur is free to join.
- After joining, you will be redirected back to the Open Call page. (You can also find this Open Call from the “browse” menu on Artrepreneur.)
- The Open Call wizard will guide you through the process of uploading your work and adding the relevant details.
- After completing the submission process, your artwork will be available on your artwork page. If you submitted more than one work, a portfolio will have been created for you. You may edit your artwork and change or add work to the open call portfolio at any time prior to the deadline.
- You WILL NOT receive a confirmation of your submission. You can verify your submission by clicking the”Manage My Applications” menu. Also, if you can see your artwork on the artwork page or a portfolio has been created for your work, then your submission has been completed.
Dates and Deadlines
The following are tentative dates and subject to change:
Applications accepted as of May 6, 2019
Juror Panels will review submissions by July 1, 2019
Winners will be announced by July 15, 2019
Winners will receive their cash prizes by August 1, 2019
About THE Tiny Tim RESCUE FUND
The Tiny Tim Rescue Fund is a charitable nonprofit organization started by CFDA Award winning designer and animal activist John Bartlett – to honor the memory of his three-legged pit bull rescue named Tiny Tim. The organization is dedicated to raising and distributing funds for animal rescue groups who pull innocent animals directly from high-kill shelters thereby saving the lives of countless dogs and cats. The money raised by the Tiny Tim Rescue Fund goes to providing these animals with the proper medical attention, training, affection, human interaction and foster parents they desperately need so that they will one day find a loving, forever home.
Through our ongoing efforts, generous individual and corporate donations and through the sale of John Bartlett’s Tiny Tim Collection, The Tiny Tim Rescue Fund is able to advance it’s mission to help give every dog and cat a chance for a better, happier life – a life all animals are entitled to.
Please consider making a donation to The Tiny Tim Rescue Fund today.
About John Bartlett
Born and raised in Ohio, John Bartlett is a graduate of Harvard University and the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). He served as a designer for Willi Smith and Ronaldus Shamask before launching his eponymous “John Bartlett” collection in 1991. The designer officially launched his newest line “The Tiny Tim Collection” in the Fall of 2011. The collection was lovingly created to help raise funds for the designer’s nonprofit 501(c)3 animal-rescue organization, “The Tiny Tim Rescue Fund” which helps support independent rescue groups across the country.
He has long championed the issues of animal rights and welfare. Bartlett has worked alongside the Humane Society of the United States, the North Shore Animal League and other animal rights organizations helping to raise awareness and spread the message of compassion. Bartlett has personified his personal passions for animal welfare into the logo for his all of his collections: his beloved three-legged rescue dog, Tiny Tim.
Bartlett’s signature style embraces a rugged American authenticity that has earned him two Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) awards: the ‘Swarovski Best Newcomer Award’ and ‘Best Menswear Designer of the Year’ in 1997. In 2010 the designer was again honored, this time by the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) who named Bartlett ‘Designer of the Year’. In September of 2011 the designer was chosen as a winner of the ‘CFDA/Lexus Eco Fashion Award’ and made Fashion-Week history with the debut of the first ever eco-luxe, 100% cruelty-free menswear collection at New York Fashion Week in February of 2012.
Every visual work communicates an idea and has the power to change perceptions, opinions, styles, habits, and even people’s way of life. Join the Artrepreneur Community to be part of the conversation. Whether you want to showcase yourself and your work, find a creative job, hire talent, buy your next art piece, or want to learn about the business of art, Artrepreneur is your starting point.